Sunday, October 16, 2011

Beading Babes October Beading Project

In September Karyn White with Releases by Rufydoof started a beading circle and called it Beading Babes.  Well I was all for this, anything that will help me hone my beading skills I'm all for.  So I signed up, and I'm a member of the Beading Babes, yea!   Our first project was simple, but looks complicated, Camelot Cross bracelet designed by Carole Ohl. 



The bracelet was constructed with 6mm bicone crystals, two different colors of 11/0 cylinder beads, and  two different colors of 11/0 seed beads.  The stitches used to construct the bracelet are peyote and herringbone.  Here is my bracelet:

I used olive green 6mm bicone crystals for the center, for the cross I used olive green 11/0 seed beads, for the sides I used pink 11/0 cylinder beads and gold 11/0 cylinder beads, for the corners I used pink 11/0 seed beads.  For the clasp I beaded a toggle out of the pink 11/0 seed beads and two of the olive green bicone crystals and the loop is peyote stitched with the pink and gold 11/0 cylinder beads.

I enjoyed making this bracelet project and I'm looking forward to the next Beading Babes project, this next time I will take progress pictures along the way to the finished piece.

Go to Karyn White's blog Releases by Rufydoof and check out what the others Beading Babes have created using Camelot Cross design.

Happy beading Y'all
Therese

5 comments:

  1. oh Therese, this is very pretty, love the colours...it still amazes me what can be done with these tiny beads..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Therese this is gorgeous!!! I love your color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you did a great job on this! Love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Moly that doesn't look easy at all!!! Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I don't do a lot of beaded work but I love to look at it :>

    ReplyDelete