Sunday, August 31, 2014

August She Made/She Made

Hi Y'all,

OMG! I had to go back and check to see when was the last time Christine and I did a She Made/She Made blog post.  Are you ready?  It was six months ago on March 31st.  I knew it had been a while, but I did not realize until today how long it had been.   What was the reason you may be asking? Well we were both busy with other obligations and decided to leave our one on one challenge for later.  Here is what I chose for us to play with this go around.



We are getting down to just a few things left from the loot we exchanged back when we met in July 2012.

Here is what I made with the pick.

First a necklace made with a tubular netting using Twin beads.


I named it Rockin the Ball, because the rich colors of the tubular netting rock the Agate rounds.

The tubular netting using the Twins or Super Duos is very simple.  If anyone wants to know how I did the stitch, just ask in your comment and I will give you the instructions.

Here is what I did with the Lake stone.


On the Lake stone I make a wire bezel using four lengths of 22 gauge copper wire.  I strung the Twin beads on to the wire alternating between the matte black and the copper Twins.  I crossed two of the wires in the front and in the back just to secure the stone and the last four wires I used to make the bail. The neck strap is a design that I borrowed from Tanya of a Work in Progress blog.  Tanya is an amazing bead wearer.  If you are not familiar with her blog click on her name and check it out.

I am a member of my local Gem and Mineral Association and in our last meeting I was asked if I would like to teach some seed beading classes.  I said that I would if there were people interested in learning to seed bead.  Well of course someone had to ask what seed beading had to do with Gems and Minerals.  I told the Gentleman, that I use Gems and Minerals all the time in my seed beading.  I will be bringing these two necklaces to the next meeting to show how Gems can be used with seed bead.  

I hope that you liked what I did with the August pick and please go by and check out Christine's blog to see what she did with the pick.

Thank you for stopping by and please leave a comment, I love hearing from y'all.

Happy beading Y'all,
Therese





 

10 comments:

  1. Six Months?!? It is hard to believe that much time has passed! Wow ~ time flies when one is involved in other challenges!
    I absolutely LOVE the duo tube bracelet ~ the style, color, depth of it...it comes across simple, but has a good dimension to it that must be a bit complicated. Gorgeous! And the rock ~ I am perpetually looking for ways to work with them and your bezel is a great solution ~ it looks not too difficult for a non-wireworker like me and allows the rock's beauty to shine through. I adore this style!
    Congrats on being asked to teach ~ Beadweaving is a great way to showcase gems and minerals!
    And Thanks for the new start with my sleepy blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rockin the Ball is well... rocking! I love the rope - looks complicated, but I'll take your word for it and ask for the instructions. :-) The agates look wonderful in that colorway, too.

    I'm always trying to figure out a way to display my stash of rocks and might try wire-wrapping one now - with the beads added - I like that a lot.

    OMG - you're going to rock their world! Imagine all the new bead embroiderers and off-loom workers you're going to send out into the world. Fun! At least I hope you have fun! I miss going to a show so am looking forward to going to one this fall when I'm back in CA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tubular netting is awesome. I can't believe you say it's simple because I know I'd make a mess of it! I won't ask for the pattern because of that. Congrats on the teaching gig. I can't believe someone would ask what beading had to do with rocks and minerals. . .ummmm duh. JEWELRY. Oh well. You can help them get their learn on about such things for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Therese! The beading is really cool and I love the colors you chose! Very Fall. The beading class will be fun and rewarding to teach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pieces are wonderful, you have such a great way to combine gemstones and seed beads! I love your netting and would love to get your instructions, this is so nice to share. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful - as always! Love them both, but the bezel you made around the rock is fantastic! Hope you have a great time in your class - cannot believe someone actually asked that question!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These necklaces are fantastic Therese! I love the colors and I love that tubular netting with the twins. I would love to know how to do it. I love twin beads! Your bezel is great! The twins look wonderful used as a bezel. What great fall necklaces you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow 6 months? I've been missing your guys' hop, and happy to see you guys back to beadweaving and blogging! Love how those rounds pop in your necklace and the way you framed the lake rock is really beautiful it really lets so much of the texture of the rock stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful job Therese. I am always impressed with your designs Please email me your netting instructions. I would like to try it. I enjoy working with all of the new shaped beads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colors and textures! I love what you and my sis do with lake stones. It's crazy how life intercedes I call it high density reality. The denser the reality, the faster time flies. Hang tight!

    ReplyDelete