Saturday, September 26, 2015

The Creative Continuum of Seven Artist September Challenge hosted by Cynthia Machata



Hi Y'all,

Wow another month has gone by already and it is time for the CC7A September challenge. This month it is being hosted by Cynthia Machata. The photo that Cynthia chose was of a lake where her family visits often. The photo was taken at sunset showing all the beautiful reds, golden yellow, and orange tones. Cynthia named her photo Indian Summer.

I made three pieces for this challenge. One I did with the color pallet in mind the other two just happen to go with the colors in the photo.

Here is my first piece.


I got this Swarovski bicone mix from Fire Mountain Gems and after it arrived in the mail I realized that it would go with the colors of Cynthia's photo.  I have been making these bracelets for a few months now they are very easy. The base is ladder stitch with size 4 cubes and then you embellish the top with either crystals, gemstone chips, or pearls and size 11 seed beads I like to use clear AB or silver lined clear.

Here is the second piece.


A bling bracelet done with 4 mm Swarovski crystal pearls.

Here is my third piece.


I have gotten into doing Lapidary work and I love it just as much as I do bead weaving.  Although I have a ways to go to be as good as those that I admire. This cab was made from a slab that I purchase on Rocks Of Ages Designs on facebook.

Here is what I did with the cab.


A simple wire wrap with square copper wire hanging form a copper viking stitched chain made by a friend of mine.

Thank you Cynthia for supplying such a beautiful inspiration photo. Thank you Alicia for bringing us all together. A big thank you to all of you that have came by to visit please leave a comment I love hearing from you.

Now please go by and see what my fellow CC7A members created for this month's challenge.

April: Alicia
May: Therese  (you are here)
June: Sally
August: Monique
September: Cynthia
October: 
November: Christine 

Happy beading Y'all
Therese

21 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you made those bracelets! Now I know. They are beautiful!! I love the colors of the bicone one, but the pearl one just sings to me. And your cab ~ I will never tire of seeing your gorgeous stones! The stones alone are beautiful and you seem to know just what kind of embellishing each one needs. Lovely post all around :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun design for those bracelets Therese! and yes you are right that was the perfect palette for this month's inspiration picture. Oh but that cab, that beautiful cab! I so love your lapidary work and your choice of gorgeous stones! Never heard of Canyon Jasper, but I'll be looking for that one! and viking knit! VIKING KNIT!! I have been wanting to try this, but I don't have a good tutorial. any you can recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this bracelet design - I bet if fits perfectly around the wrist - and with the sparkle of Swarovski, it is just divine! You go, girl, with your lapidary! Love this cab! As Cynthia said, I just adore Viking Knit...it's on my must-learn-to-do-list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bracelets are fantastic! I love that you can embellish them with so many different beads. Your lapidary is wonderful, Therese! I love the Viking knit. It always makes such a great necklace for a pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great job on the cab and the viking knit. Really pretty combo. The bracelets will go with so many outfits and pick up the inspiration colors so nicely. Hope you're having a great Indian Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great job on the cab and the viking knit. Really pretty combo. The bracelets will go with so many outfits and pick up the inspiration colors so nicely. Hope you're having a great Indian Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your use of the color palate is great. You have such a lovely sense of design. And of course your cab is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love the first bracelet! I love colorful jewelry! And it does scream "fall" and matches perfectly with the photo. And your cab is just stunning. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love the first bracelet! I love colorful jewelry! And it does scream "fall" and matches perfectly with the photo. And your cab is just stunning. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pieces! I particularly love the pearl bracelet. Well done on your lapidary work, it must take forever to grind down and shape a stone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pieces! I particularly love the pearl bracelet. Well done on your lapidary work, it must take forever to grind down and shape a stone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bling indeed! They all turned out well. Your lapidary work is looking really good. Enjoy your autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so pretty and I love your bracelet technique!! All these pieces are so pretty and the cab is gorgeous as is your wirework surrounding it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gah! Your talent just blows me away. The patience you have for detail and tedious making is so admirable. All three of your designs are really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! I'm especially taken by your Stone Canyon Jasper piece! Your cabochon is beautiful, and your wire wrapping showcases it beautifully. I love how open it is, compared to using seed beads; you can see so much more of your stone. And it's totally yours, from the stone out! How cool is that!?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am just in love with the above pieces of jewellery posted. The bling bracelet looks amazing with the Swarovski pearl. Good work Therese, it seems that your truly a talented person. The way the Stone Canyon Jasper is transformed into cute jewellery seems to be amazing. top IAS coaching in Chennai can also train students on jewellery making as it helps to improve their creativity and concentration

    ReplyDelete