Friday, December 21, 2018

Holiday Ornament Exchange 2018 In Carrie Johnson's Words

2018 - Ornament Exchange - Carrie Johnson and Therese Frank 


Aloha!  I had a wonderful time participating in the ornament exchange this year.  After getting to know Therese, I learned that her favorite colors were in the olive/lichen/moss range as well as the pink-red tones.  In addition, she makes her own cabs.  I also found out that she loves stars, bunnies and collects Santa’s from around the world.  I had so many ideas on what to make for Therese!   At first, I wanted to do a Bunny sitting on a base with candy cane poles.  But, after making the bunny out of Swarovski crystal, I realized it would be too heavy.  Plus, I wasn’t sure how “personalized” that was.  So, on to plan 2.  Given her color choices and love of gemstones – I remembered that I had made a colorway kit a while back that was perfect – the colors of tourmaline.  And it was even better since the lichen/olive green is my favorite as well (Toho 2600).  It would work both as a gemstone connection as well as combine all her favorite colors.  So, I just started beading, not really having a plan.  After a bit, I realized that it was going to come together as a snowflake/star shape which is one of her favorite shapes.  Things progressed from there.  And, I am showing a picture showing all the threads at the end that all have to be tied off, we’ve all been there, the least favorite and most time-consuming part of the project.  In all, I used seed beads, fresh water pearls, Swarovski crystal, and cubic zirconia.    I also sent her the bunny to use as another ornament or just a figurine – it was just too cute.  Of course, I forgot to take a picture of it before I sent the package.  And, since Santa’s are her other favorite, I found her a “local” Hawaiian Santa ornament.  I wish Therese and all of you a very Mele Kalikimaka and a Hau’oli Makahiki Hou. 



The pictures are shown in order of the ornament developing – they can speak for themselves.

The start of it all! 




All Those Pesky Threads…


All Done! 



And, then, I received this big package in the mail.  I couldn’t wait to open it.  But I shipped mine late and I wanted to wait until Therese had hers.  I was hoping that it would be worth the wait for her!  It was definitely worth the wait for me.  On my goodness, wow!  I’m speechless.  She made me a bead embroidered lizard (my favorite) in all my favorite colors – it couldn’t have been more perfect.  It is my absolute favorite lizard and she made my day, week and month!  So, Mahalo, Therese for such a wonderful ornament, I will treasure it for all the years to come. Here’s a peak at all the goodies that arrived in the package.  Therese also hand painted the star box and star ornament, again in my favorite colors.  The jellyfish paperweight is just stunning and the soy candle will be put to good use.  And then, to top it off she included several of the stone cabochons that she made.  Thank you for being such a wonderful and generous swap


Close up 

7 comments:

  1. What fun the two of you had with this exchange! Loved hearing about how you each worked to make just the right ornament for each other. What a fun 3D flower/star shape. Though all those threads!

    Thank you both again for participating! cheers,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing star!!
    So much work went to it, you worked with a lot of beads.
    Wow, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice article, thanks for more information benchmarkreviewworld

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are looking for the law assignment help then in this case you can opt for our Law Assignments help .we provide the best Online law assignment help.We also provide Australian Law Assignment Help for students across the globe. for more information contact us +16692714848.

    ReplyDelete