Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Time To Stitch Five


Hi Y'all,

It is time for the A Time To Stitch 5 reveal.  Back in May 2012, I asked Christine Altmiller if she would be interested in co-hosting a stitching challenge.  Where we would pick a couple of stitches and asked that if y'all were interested in learning bead weaving to try our challenge and of course it was open to all bead weavers no matter their experience.  We had 21 to sign up and a few that had never worked with seed beads before.  It was so much fun that Christine and I decided to keep this challenge going, so every three or four months  we put out the challenge with new stitches and ideas.  ATTS 5's challenge was to take any stitch you prefer and make 3 bracelets with that same stitch using either different beads or different colors to show how one stitch could change in the way it looks just by changing the color or the beads used.

I got started on this challenge right away and as the result of stating early I was able to do nine different bracelets in three different stitches.  I chose Peyote, Herringbone, and Right Angle Weave.  Here is what I created.


The first bracelet I used size 8 silver lined clear seed beads and size 3 mm bicones in assorted colors in 6 count even peyote.
The second bracelet is the same style as the first I changed the color to silver lined size 8 seed beads and 3 mm brown glass pearls.
The third bracelet I used size 11 triangles in matte Hematite and shiny Hematite in 8 count even peyote.


The first bracelet I used size 11 triangles in green iris and blue iris with a Czech glass button for the clasp.
The second bracelet I used purple 4 mm cubes and size 9 seed beads in purple iridescent with a hard plastic decorative button clasp.
The third bracelet I used 1.5 mm cubes in matte gold iris and blue iris with a slide clasp. (this one is my favorite)


I am a big fan of Jill Wiseman and this is her Fantaisa bracelet design/tutorial.
The first bracelet (from the bottom) is done with 4 mm orange AB bicones and 3 mm Indian pink bicones and green size 11 seed beads.
The second bracelet is 4 mm peach glass pearls, 3 mm brown glass pearls, and bronze size 11 seed beads.
The third bracelet is 4 mm red bicones, 3 x 1.5 mm roundels, silver size 11 seed beads. 

I want to thank my wonderful co-host Christine, for coming up with ATTS 5's challenge idea, and thank you to all that are participating in the go around of ATTS.
A big thank you to all that have stopped by to seeing what I have posted and I hope you leave a comment, because I enjoy hearing from you.
Now please go by and visit the other participants in this challenge.

 Hosts:
Therese  

Participants

Happy beading Y'all,
Therese  



18 comments:

  1. I love the herringbone, specially the pink one. It's surprise me that different beads can be match in herringbone. The pink is so unique. I love the result. Thank you Therese for hosting this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is not one single bracelet (or any piece of jewelry that you create!) that I would not wear on any given day - they are all so gorgeous! However, the right angle weave bracelets are simply stunners in my book - love them ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the difference is most marked in the herringbone I think, though the RAW bracelets all look quite different. gorgeous bracelets, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome designs Therese! I'm with you, I love the brown iris in the herringbone. That contrast in textures is just rich! The hematite in the peyote grabbed me for the same reason. And I can't even pick a favorite in the RAW pieces. You two teach me something each time I get to play in your challenges. Thanks to both of you for another fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You did some wonderful bracelets Therese!! I love that RAW with the orange and pink bicones, but all of them are fantastic. Thanks for hosting this again. You and Christine do a great job and this one was really fun to do because it's always interesting to see what the same stitch looks like with different shape beads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you and all those variations! I have to say that the herringbones are my favorite -- I love how shaped beads affect the look of the weave. Thanks so much for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have to get some cubes. Both you and Christine used them, and they look fabulous. The triangle beads too. All of your bracelets are gorgeous, but I think I especially I love the herringbone series. So beautifully textural. Thank you for all of your wonderful hostess talents! Another super fun hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man Therese! what a whole lot of gorgeous beading going on here! even just the basic stitches look amazing and like they'd feel wonderful on! Peyote is my go-go stitch, and I love it. But I'm trying to get more up close and comfy with herringbone. It still makes me swear, but I love how it looks! think that set might be my favorite here, but so hard to pick!!! Thank you for hosting another ATTS hop ... I love these hops :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Therese thank you so much for giving me the urge to pick up these flying missiles! Oh the fun I have had learning with these! I love your Herringbone bracelets. I agree with Wendy that the difference in bead choice really shows up here. Oh boy what are you going to come up with next???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found the process of weaving the bracelets for this challenge very zen-like. If I had made all the bracelets that you had made, I'd be THIS CLOSE to being in a blissful coma! Thanks for hosting another awesome challenge Therese ... I love all the bracelets you created!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Therese, thank you so much for another wonderful challenge, making each bracelet was like a small meditation session. I enjoyed stitching each bead!
    You have been busy! WOW! Such wonderful variations! It's amazing how a design can change when you swap one bead for another. Beautiful work!!! I'm already looking forward to the next hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for this beautiful challenge. It is so refreshing. I love all your bracelets, it is hard to pick one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a great challenge, thank you for the opportunity to participate. All your bracelets are wonderful, it is so exciting to see all the possibilities with your different variations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I get to no one else's blogs today, I had to make it to yours. You really took this challenge and ran with it! I just love all the looks you achieved ~ they are all great and show the challenge so well. In each stitch group, you managed to get very diverse looks with only changing up the bead. That herringbone grouping is my favortite ~ LOVE them all! Thank you for really taking over with this one. It is a very difficult time of year for me to get much beading/blogging accomplished. Want to do my next 3 posts for me?!? LOL. You are the best partner, my friend. Love ya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can think of so many ways these could be stacked and worn together. We share a favorite - the cubed herringbone. I love the look of herringbone, but, alas, it is not my favorite stitch to do. I also love the right-angle weave with roundels. Fantastic combination! Thanks again for challenging us and so glad you and Christine plan to continue the tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your 9 Bracelets are so amazing and instructive!! Thank you so for having this challenge !! I am so happy to have participated!! Look forward to your next one!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Therese!! I love all these sets. Each is another fantastic illustration on design. I am really digging the crystals in that first peyote bracelet....and hte dragonfly button on your herringbone. They're all quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a wealth of bracelets! I thought about herringbone, too, but decided to go with not so well known stitches. And I love that dragonfly button! Is that a Bohemian glass button?

    ReplyDelete