Saturday, January 30, 2016

Evening Elegance Blog Hop hosted by Lisa Lodge



New!



A few months ago Lisa Lodge of Grateful Artist blog put out the call for those that would be interested in participating in the Evening Elegance Blog Hop in January. Lisa has several kits for sale, so I signed up, because for those that know me, know that Romantic Elegance is my style, so how could I pass this challenge up.

When I got the package in the mail I looked at all the pretties that were in the kit and knew just what I was going to make, so I got started, but what I did not do was take a picture of the items in the kit before I got started making my piece.

Here is what I made.


I did a double needle right angle weave stitch with size 6 mm (from my stash) and size 8 mm (in the kit) glass pearls as the base of my necklace and used the 4 mm purple AB bicones (in the kit) for the center embellishment. Then I added drops along the side of the necklace using size 4 mm glass pearls (from my stash) more of the 4 mm purple AB bicones and tear drop glass pearls (in the kit). The center embellishment drops are done with 4 mm glass pearls, 4 mm purple AB bicones, 4 x 8 mm purple AB rondells (in the kit) and light purple glass drops (in the kit). The seed beads used are size 11 antique gold.
The earrings are made using the Hubble Stitch with cream size 15 seed beads, size 11 antique gold seed beads, and size 10 purple seed beads with light amber glass drops (in the kit).

I hope you like what I have done and thank you for stopping by for a visit. Please leave a comment, because I love hearing what you have to say.

Thank you to Lisa for organizing and hosting this blog hop.

Now please go by and visit the other participants in this blog hop to see what beautiful creations they made using their Evening Elegance kits.


Your hostess:  Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist
Carolyn Lawson, Carolyn's Creations
Kim Dworak, Cianci Blue
Karin Grosset Grange (France), Ginkgo et Coquelicot
Shaiha Williams, Shaiha’s Ramblings
Beti Horvath, Stringing Fool Jewelry
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Jacqui Kipfer, Seven Oaks Jewellery

Happy beading Y'all
Therese

14 comments:

  1. WOW! Therese you really did capture the elegance part perfectly. Your design is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great statement necklace! Great use of your beading skills! Lovely work. And of course the earrings are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Therese as always! this is just elegant to the core and love the RAW look with all those pearls! LOVE this set

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is stunning, I love this set. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant! I love the combination of the pearls and glass beads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That necklace is incredible and embodies elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you out-did yourself. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I can say is Holy Toledo, Therese! That is a stunning necklace! You are so talented. I scrolled down your blog and looked at some of the other gorgeous jewelry you have made. Beautiful! Thanks for being in the hop. Just an FYI - you may want to update the link list. That is the old one that I had messed up. Sorry about that! The new one is on my blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You remain the Reigning Queen of Romantic Elegance with this stunning necklace! It looks like it is straight out of a movie being worn by ladies in grande ballroom dresses. What a knockout necklace, Therese!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Therese your set is absolutely magnificent!!!
    I love, really love this necklace, I haven't tried hubble stitch.
    Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is quite a set! Both of these pieces make their own statement. This works perfectly whether worn together or separately. I'm especially drawn to those earrings. It's all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, and most definitely elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you sure did right by this kit!!! This set is incredibly elegant.

    ReplyDelete