Saturday, March 11, 2017

Unfinished Objects Blog Reveal


Hi Y'all,

Today is the first of the UnFinished Objects blog posts.  Karen Williams put out the word about possibly putting together a Unfinished Object support group just to see how many people would be willing to join. Well everyone has unfinished object projects that you stumble upon and tell yourself you really need to finish this one day, whether it is a beading project or sewing, or polymer clay, or whatever it may be we are all pretty diverse in our creating. So of course I told Karen that I would be in for the adventure of getting some of my if not all of my UFO's done.  

Karen decided that one of the best ways to have this group is on Facebook and she was right, not everyone does a blog these days, but most are on Facebook. It is easier to post a question for help in the support group on Facebook and get an answer from a lot of knowledgeable people, than to do it on your blog.  For those of us in the group that do have a blog Karen said that we would have regular blog reveals of the projects we managed or almost managed to get finished.  

So here we are the fist UFO Support Group blog hop.

I am such a procraftenator that I put off my UFO project until I saw Karen's email about the date of the blog hop. I just finished my project Thursday but too late to take a good picture until yesterday.

Here is the UFO before I finished it.


I started this bracelet and decided that the colors just were not doing it for me and I got bored with it. One of my co-workers saw one of the Super Duo netted bracelets that I did for another one of my co-workers and wanted to know if I could make her one with Topaz or yellowish tan color. Of course I told her yes.  So when I got home I remembered that I had started this bracelet and felt like it fell into the color that she was wanting, but I still could not make myself finish it, I just really do not like the color of the super duos. So as I state earlier in the post the deadline was looming, so I put on my big girl panties and got to work.  

Here is the finished bracelet 


I will take this to work with me and see if she likes it or if I have to make another one in a different color. To be honest I really hope she likes it. I have already seen her wear an outfit that this bracelet will go perfect with.

Up next is my next UFO that I will have done by the next UFO blog hop.


I started this peyote stitch beaded box sometime in 2015, another project I got bored with, I can't really tell you why I got bored with it I really love the colors. I guess I just wanted to go onto something else.


This is the baggie I stuck everything in, so it would all be together when I decided to come back to it.

Thank you to Karen for bring us together in this group. Thank you to y'all for stopping by, please leave a comment on what you think I love hearing from you.

Here is the rest of the blog hop participants. Hop on by and visit with them for a little while and leave a comment, because like me they love hearing from you too.

Karen Williams, Baublicious
Christine Van Dyke Altmiller, One Kiss CreationsAmy Severino, Amy BeadsTherese, Therese's TreasuresKim Dworak, CianciBlueLiz E, Bead ContagionMargo Lynn Hablutzel, My World and It's Full of BooksCynthia Machata, Antiquity TravelersCathi Salzarulo Kent, The Cat's Meow

Liz Hart TreeTop Life


Happy beading Y'all

Therese



11 comments:

  1. Hi Therese! "Procraftenator" hahahahaha! I love that word!!! And I for sure suffer from that problem as well. Your bracelet is simply gorgeous. I am still in a state of resistance when it comes to super duos, but when I see something so pretty like this I feel super inspired! I can't wait to see your beaded box! The colors are indeed fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am going to have to use that word procraftenator! Between my daughter and I we have a room full!! So funny .... that bracelet is exactly the colors I would use :) I love its earthy feel, and I bet your friend will love it. Can't wait to see your next one - that is so cool. I do the same putting bead tubes into baggies. Problem is that I lose bead tubes that way into the abyss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've just added a word to our group lexicon! :)

    I'll admit I tend to shy away from beaded ropes (even though I love the look of them) because I have the same problem in that I tend to get bored and want to 'experiment', which simply doesn't work well. It seem like the colors you chose for the bracelet should fit your coworker beautifully. The finished bracelet is quite elegant - the color scheme is understated, but sophisticated, even if they aren't your favorites. Isn't it interesting what makes us want to keep beading?

    Thanks so much for joining in! And I'm pleased to see you're already have a project for the next hop - I'd definitely like to do this again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bracelet came out great! It's always interesting to me how a small sample of a chain looks different than a full length piece (bracelet or necklace). The start was nice, but the finished piece is so much better. Adding length really enhanced the visual appeal of the subtle superduos. I predict your co-worker will snatch that up!

    That bead box looks like the perfect next project. So smart to keep all the beads together. I can't want to see how it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing your bracelet. I haven't seen superduos used in netting before. It really makes a nice rope. But I totally understand you on the color thing. I do not like working with neutrals. I'm working on a challenge now where most of the beads are beige and it's killing me.

    Definitely keep going on your box. I think it will be a winner when it's done. And good call on keeping the beads together. The surest way to not finish something is to go have to hunt for the same beads again!
    --Francie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Superduo net rope! I'm going to have to try one.

    Definitely finish your little box. I love making those, and they are great to give as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks lovely finished. What a great pattern. The seed beads go really well with the superduos. Look forward to seeing your beaded box! I made one and it took WEEKS, I got bored of it too but did finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Therese ~ I love that bracelet and the color combo and style! Did your friend like the colors? Glad you powered through ~ it is hard to do when something isn't speaking to you.
    I cannot wait to see that box when in is finished ~ fantastic colors!
    How does it feel to be back on the blog again?

    ReplyDelete