Saturday, March 25, 2017

Bead Soup Blog Party - Bead Hoarder's Edition

Hi Y'all,

Well the big day has arrived the BSBP Bead Hoarder's Edition hosted by Lori Anderson. Lori always does a wonderful job at organizing these blog parties. These blog parties are a lot of work pairing people up with a partner, gathering blog address and Pintrest boards, sending out emails and Facebook postings. My hat is off to you Lori and to your helpers for keeping this party organized and running as smooth as possible, thank you.

This is my fourth time participating in the BSBP and this time around I was partnered with Babette Cox a wonderfully talented person. Here is a the items that Babette sent to me.


The Hoarded beads are the turquoise nuggets, the coral, the clasp, and the teal and white beads, These beads are very special to Babette, they used to belong to a dear friend of hers that has passed away and resides in heaven. The lamp worked glass focal bead was made as a gift for me. I really hope Babette likes what I did with the beads that she sent to me.

Here is what I made using the hoarded beads and the focal bead.


I made a rosary using the hoarded turquoise nuggets and the teal and white beads. The rest of the items are from my stash.



I also made dangles from the turquoise nuggets, the coral, and the teal and white beads combined with items from my stash. I made six dangles, but they did not hang well from the bottom of the focal glass bead, so I took three of the dangles off and made a pair of earrings out of two of the three dangles I removed. I made a bead woven rope using turquoise 8'0 seed beads and blue and lime green 11'0 seed beads and the hoarded clasp, I did the rope using the Russian Spiral stitch.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  Thank you Lori for hosting this Bead Soup Blog Party.

Please click on this link http://www.prettythingsblog.com/2017/03/welcome-to-bead-soup-blog-party-bead.html for a list of the other participants.

Happy beading Y'all,

Therese 

36 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces! Love the rosary 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Therese, I am sure Babette will be please with what you made. Both of your pieces are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your rosary - never thought of this! Nice peaces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Therese!! The rosary is so eye-catching I scrolled back and looked a it several times! and I loe what you did with the focal and the dangles! You crushed your bead soup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rosary is lovely, Therese, and such a special way to showcase beads that had so much significance to your partner. I love the necklace you made with that gorgeous focal bead too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those beads went into just the right hands. You treated them with reverence and turned them into beauty. I love the way you re-purposed some of the tassel and made earrings. Three for the tassel is the perfect number. Absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Therese! I love the pieces you created! They are beautiful! I'm in love with that beadwoven rope, perfect compliment to the focal! But I have got to tell you that I keep scrolling up to the rosary. It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Therese, that rosary is stunning. I love how you used the turquoise nuggets. And your bead woven necklace -- it's just amazing. I love those dangles. I bet it's so much fun to wear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Therese,
    Beautiful necklaces, my fave is lamp work necklace and matching earrings.
    I hope you are doing well. I miss doing the blog hops, I was really happy when Lori announced this one.
    Have a great hopping day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Therese ~
    Love what you've created with the beads I've sent you. Each necklace is 'just right' .. and beautiful. Thanks for playing with me in this Bead Soup Bead Party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the rosary with the lovely cross. The turquoise and coral is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both of the pieces you created, so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work! You've done a wonderful job with your soup - thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Therese, as always, you create really lovely pieces. How wonderfully appropriate that you made a rosary with the beads from Babette's late friend - a wonderful salute to her memory!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely tribute to the beads of her friend. Simply beautiful.

    I love the vessel, and the necklace is terrific! I love those colors together.

    Thank you so much for coming to the party again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's very lovely that your partner sent these treasured beads - the very meaning of the hop! You've done them justice with your lovely designs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a special collection of beads you received--and what beautiful things you made with them! Everything is beautiful, and the decision to make a rosary was very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful mix of beads and a beautiful mix of pieces you made from them. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the color combos you created!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The focal bead is beautiful! I am beginning to like turquoise more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Making a rosary out of those beads was a beautiful idea, I think you did them justice. I love how the rope you made pulls color & texture out of that lampwork focal bead, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You did a beautiful job with the beads you very given. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You did a beautiful job with the beads you very given. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did a beautiful job with the beads you very given. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What beautiful designs! I really like the second necklace and how you let that focal shine.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Something so great about teal and red together- You did a great job with these!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fun pieces with great movement!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very pretty pieces. The coral really makes the turquoise pop.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your pieces feel like that are at the opposite end of the spectrum: there's the rosary. While it's beautiful, it's still very conservative in nature. Then there's the other necklace. Between the focal bead itself and the highlights you added, it feels like a fiesta of frivolity! As always, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the rosary - it's perfect for her friend's beads!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Really nice use of beads, design and colors. I love the rustic rosary.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautifully designed and such great color choices you went with for your lovely creations!

    ReplyDelete