Monday, May 1, 2017

Unfinished Objects May Reveal


Hi Y'all,

Wow I can not believe how time flies it is May 1st already.  This reveal sneaked up on me, Well to tell the truth I forgot about the reveal date until I received the reminder email from Karen Williams, of Baublicious blog, that put me in a rush to try to get my UFO finished,  Well you know what they say about best laid plans... You guessed it I did not get my UFO finished.  I will show you a picture of how far I got though and a promise to have it done by the next UFO reveal.

Before I show you my UFO let me recap on The Unfinished Objects Studio Support Group.  Karen Williams asked her newsletter readers if we had unfinished objects of any sort, that we look at and say to ourselves how much we should get them finished. A lot of us responded with a yes we do have unfinished projects that we would like to get finished. So Karen put together a support group on Facebook for those of us that have UFOs so we can have a forum where we can show our finished objects or to ask questions to others in the group. She also asked those of us with blogs if we would like to do reveal dates and of course we agreed to reveal dates, because it was just the incentive to get the UFO's done.  This is our 2nd reveal and this time it is not just the blog group but also the facebook group that will be revealing on today.

Here is a picture of my UFO before I started to get it finished.


I stuck everything in a baggie and put it in my I am going to finish this one day box. I had gotten the base of the box finished and started on the sides of the box.

Here is how far I got with the box.


I finished the sides now all I have to do is the lid. I have not decided if I want to put feet on the box or not, you will just have to wait for the next reveal date to find out what I decided.

Thank you Karen for bring us procraftinators together into a support group, so that we may over come our procraftination and get our UFO's done. I need to work a little harder at over coming my procratination.

Thank you to all that have stopped by my blog. I appreciate your visit. Now please go and visit the others in this blog hop, hopefully they will have completed their UFO's.

Karen Williams, Baublicious
Francie Broadie,  FAB
Christine Van Dyke Altmiller, One Kiss Creations
Kim Dworak, CianciBlue
Liz Hart, Treetop Life
Amy Severino, Amy Beads
Cynthia Machata, Antiquity Travelers
Hope Smitherman, Crafty Hope
Christi Carter, Sweetpea Path
Bobbie Rafferty, Beadsong Jewelry
Margo Lynn Hablutzel, My World and It's Full of Books

Happy beading Y'all,

Therese

11 comments:

  1. Your baggie of everything stashed away is just about exactly how most of my UFOs began too. ha! I had baggies in baggies to boot, but no lovely seed bead projects. Imagine that.
    Anyway, I am LOVING this little box! The colors are FAB-U-LOUS! And, that geometric pattern is so very eye-catching. Man, I can't wait for the next reveal to see what's to come. Have fun with it Therese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! The colors are great, and even though it's supposed to have a lid, you could call it finished just as it is.
    I like the idea of the "I am going to finish this one day" box. Sounds so much more intentional than stuffing UFOs in a drawer and hoping to remember them someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby steps, right!? Every bead you stitch is progress towards this box. These are great colors and I know you will be super happy with this once it is complete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, you just did this to make me feel better about not finishing my collar last time around! :)

    Truthfully, I know all about best-laid plans. The way I figure it, if the challenge at least helps us to devote some time to our lovely, lonely UFOs, then it's a win. And I definitely want to see how you finish the box - the design is beautiful.

    Thanks again for joining in, and for sharing where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have quite a few UFO baggies too! I love this little, and can completely understand how time gets away from you when trying to make progress on a project. Please do post again - can't wait to see how you finish it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far so good. As my partner keeps telling me, the only way to get it done is to do it, and all progress is progress. It looks great. Can't wait to see where it ends up. I love the colors.
    --Francie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although the lid would look great, I'm with Bobbie and think you could call it done. It's so darn cute! Maybe you need a bracelet to match your box? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to seeing the continual progress with your box ~ the colors, structure, and shape are fantastic. I always think they look adorable with feet! Just my 2cents :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You wouldn't believe how many UFO's I have! Just get bored with a project, put it away and discover it months later and I'm always like, "When did I make this?" This box is so cute! Without the lid it could be a jewelry holder for when you are getting ready for bed or cleaning and you don't want to wear your jewelry. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have wanted to make one of those beaded boxes for a very long time. A couple years ago, I even bought a book with some designs. Yours is really beautiful - I love the colors you selected. And love the word "procraftinators!" although spellcheck doesn't like it! Hope you are doing well, Therese!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sering mengalami kekalahan dalam permainan Sakong Online, segera pergunakan Aplikasi Bobol Sakong Online.

    Info Jitu
    Hoki Pasti

    ReplyDelete