Sunday, December 4, 2011

Beading Babes Project # 2 - November

Well the reveal date is here for Beading Babes Project #2 for the month of November.  We choose from two different patterns we could do one or both.  Well I started out with Sleek in Silver and I had enough time to also do Earthly Hues.  So without any further ado I present to you my versions of Sleek in Silver designed by Hatsumi Oshitani.


I already had the black Tila tiles and red seed beads in 11/0 and 8/0 all I had to get was the briolettes so I ordered them and when they got here I got to work.  This pattern worked up really fast it only took me about 5 hours to complete this necklace.  I named my necklace Roxanne, because while I was making it I kept singing in my head "Roxanne, you don't have to put on the red light..." 


Since I finished this necklace so quickly I went onto do Earthy Hues design by Carole Ohl.  Here is my version of her design.  I used olive green 3mm cubes, chocolate size 11/0 seed beads, light green 11/0 cylinder beads, Iris gold size 6/0 seed beads, River Stone 12mm gemstones and a handmade copper clasp from Shel Designs.


This pattern is another one that went fast if it weren't for the fact that I ran out of 3mm cube beads I would have finished this one in about six hours.  Lesson learned from this always order more than what the pattern calls for.  The only thing that I really don't like about this is when you are transcending from the 6/0 seed beads to the 3mm cubes you can see the thread and it was just a little cumbersome with adding the 6/0 seed beads with the 12mm beads, other than that I am pleased with this pattern.  I named this necklace Erica just because of it's earthy qualities.


After I had to order more 3mm cubes I had enough left to make a matching bracelet.

I enjoyed Project #2 and I am looking forward to voting on Project #3.  I hope you all enjoyed viewing my November Beading Babes Projects.

Happy Beading Y'all
Therese




14 comments:

  1. oh Therese...stunning love everything....the first black and red would look wonderful with the sweater I have on right now :) and the other set...yummy colours.....right up my alley too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Therese these are all so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fantastic! I just love that "leftover" bracelet! And I love "The Police" as well. Glad to see that you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great Therese! I especially love the colors of the Earthly Hues design. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Therese, those are beautiful. I love the black and red. I also love the white stones in the Earthly Hues necklace. Great choices

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOOOOOOOOOVE these pieces. That black & red Sleek In Sliver piece is a real show stopper! So pretty and bold! Your earthly hues looks fantastic too - great colors, and great photo props too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning pieces Therese...mmmm "quick" .. 5 & 6 hours! You seed beading ladies have such patience, I am in awe of you. Love them both. You've got me singing Roxanne now! Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Therese! You rocked these necklaces and that bracelet is awesome! Your stitching is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look fantastic! Your "Roxanne" Sleek in Silver is so striking... that red is definitely an eye catcher.

    I also love the earthiness of your Earthly Hues. Those riverstone rounds are very nice.

    As you know I too ran out of beads for Earthly Hues... very annoyed... so hopefully mine will be done by the end of the week once my extra beads arrive.

    Thanks again for joining Beading Babes. I look forward to seeing you in Project 3!

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the earthy hues necklace using both big rounds and seed beads ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work Therese! The red and black is so sleek. I love the dangling briolettes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your necklaces, Therese! The black and red is fantastic together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, beautiful work! It'll take me days to do these instead of hours.

    ReplyDelete