Friday, January 4, 2013

12 Days of Christmas Handmade Gift Swap Day 11 1/4/13

Lorelei's Blog


Hi Y'all,

It is day 11 of the 12 Days of Christmas Handmade Gift Swap and today I opened my gift from Suzanne Reynolds of Over The Moon, Too blog.  Here is what Suzanne gave to me...

I love the packaging Suzanne did lovely envelope with a bird in the corner and on the back it was sealed with a pretty little stamp that you will see soon.

Inside of the pretty packaging was this beautiful handmade journal cover.  It is pieced batik material and quilted with decorative machine stitching.  I love it and I have decided that I am going to use it as an address book, so I can keep up with all my new beady and blogging friends addresses.


Here is the stamp that was sealing the back of the envelope.  The first thing I noticed was the rabbit.  I love rabbits and I collect them (not the live ones) in all types of mediums, so how could I rip through this one.  I carefully opened the envelope and when I saw what was inside I knew where this rabbit and rose would call home.  They will now decorate my title page of my new address book.

Thank you Suzanne I love my new little address book.

Tomorrow is day 12 and I will open my gift from Gina Hockett  http://www.freestyleelements.blogspot.com.

Happy beading Y'all
Therese

2 comments:

  1. Hi Therese! So glad you like the notebook. The stamp with the rabbit is actually Washi paper tape. Good to see you were able to put it inside the book. BTW, when your book gets full, you can replace it with a 3 by 5 inch notebook from the office supply store.

    ReplyDelete