Wednesday, January 30, 2013

She Made/She Made January Reveal


Hi Y'all,

It's time to show y'all what I made with the items that Christine of One Kiss Creations blog picked out of our stash for us to create with.  Here is what she picked for us to create with this month...

(borrowed from Christine's blog)

Red blister pearls that I gave to Christine and vintage acrylic beads that Christine gave to me. First let me show you what I made with the vintage acrylic beads.

These beads have a very pretty star burst design on the top and bottom of the beads it reminded me of the center of a flower.  So I was thinking how can I make these look like flowers and still make a piece of jewelry with them.  It did not take me long to think of Kristen Steven's Pop Out Pearls pattern, which can be found here.  I had to modify the pattern to fit around the 10 mm beads which as you can see turned out just right.  I was going to make the bracelet, but as I was making the components I thought how neat they would look as the focal for a necklace.  

I played around with the lay out of the components until I came up with this design.  The neck straps are Russian Spiral.  Kristen was telling me how she had done a Russian Spiral using twin beads and I tried and tried to do it myself, but I just could not envision how it was done and got very frustrated and decided to just do a regular Russian Spiral.  I had several of the bronze Czech fire polished 4 mm beads left so I did an inch on each side with them for a little bit of detailing in the ropes. I am very pleased with how this one turned out and I still have enough of the vintage beads left to do a pair of earrings to go with the necklace.

Next the red pearl that I gave to Christine.  Oh my did I have a time with these!  I started three different designs and had to tear them out, because they were just not working the pearls just did not want to be sewn into a design, so I strung them up.  


I had these crystal roundels, one string is clear AB x 2 that I used as the side neck straps, another one is clear AB, that I alternated with red AB crystal roundels.  The pearls I strung with clear crystal 4 mm rounds. I twisted the pearl strand with the roundel strand and crimped each end to keep them from untwisting. I used a Sterling Silver plated heart toggle clasp to complete the necklace.  This photo does not show the Bling that this necklace has.  It catches the light and is almost blinding.

If you have not already please go by Christine's blog and see what she has created using the vintage beads and the red blister pearls.

Happy beading Y'all
Therese

18 comments:

  1. The first piece really has a vintage feel - it is not my style, but I loooove your necklace!! It would be great with a brown outfit that I'm wearing often lately ...
    The second one is beautiful as weel - would like to see how it looks on the neck. I'm pretty sure those red pearls are he "naughty" ones, giving an interesting movement to the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the weaving on the first piece. I love crystals, but try to make pieces without crystals so they are just a tad bit less dressy. It is nice to see a piece without crystals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with the vintage beads! That necklace is gorgeous! And, I love those pearls. You came up with such a great idea for using them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course my mouth is wide open again as I am staring at your work.....
    Those red pearls were buggers, weren't they?!? You made a beautiful necklace with them~I really like how it doubles up up front. It gives it really nice dimension. Were you cursing my name as you were working with them?
    Your other piece...I adore this one! It is a gorgeous statement piece with lovely understated colors. You really made each of those vintage beads pop!
    Another great challenge~yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how pretty. I love the first one, the woven beads look great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh heavens! They both turned out gorgeous! I really, really love those vintage beads, and you're right, Kristen's pattern worked beautifully.
    I think you did a great job with the blister pearls. There is enough presence in the necklace to make a statement, yet not enough to overwhelm. Great design dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After visiting your blog for some time now, I think what impresses me the most is the "vision" that you able to foresee with the beads. You are handed a bead, and you "see" a flower. and then, by golly, you make an AMAZING flower to boot! That first one is stinkin aweseome! I absolutley love it! That second necklace...I swear I have beads like that in my stash! Beautiful design! I do not go out very much, but I would if I had this beauty! Beautiful job on both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Therese they both are so special. The first necklace is so beautiful! Those red pearls were a challenge for both of you but you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're bead weaving is always such a gorgeous sight! you make it look so easy!! That first necklace is stunning. And I'm loving these blister pearls you guys picked. I'm a huge pearl fan ... and I'm just wondering what I might create with these strange, but fun looking beads! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your friend are so talented. Great ideas and beautiful pieces. Don't know which one is my favorite, I like the all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pearl necklace looks about the right color to wear on game day! And the woven necklace is so pretty -- you've got me intrigued about Russian spiral. Must add that to the list to try...Beautiful, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Therese, both pieces are gorgeous - a very Anna Karenina feel on the first one, with the bold organic on the second: as usual your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pearl necklace is beautiful, but that first necklace Therese? Oh, my, goodness! I love everything about it from the colors to the design. I am so enjoying your monthly challenges with Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl you are amazing!!! Both necklaces are total rockstar!!! Thank you so much for using my little tute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both look fit for royalty! I don't know how you always pull that off, but you do! I suppose we all have our favorites, mine is the 2nd one. I'm drawn to the color contrasts and the sparkle, but they are both just so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you guys are amazing!!! Therese that is stunning, both of them, but I love Russian Spiral, so that is my fave! You guys have to much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always like to see what you come up with and it is never a disappointment! I love how you surrounded the star burst bead with beadwork stars. Your design abilities are amazing. I love the pearl necklace too - color is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting to see how different you two were... Where Christine's first necklace I thought was tribal, yours is royal! Love the color and detail in that piece.

    ReplyDelete