Saturday, March 16, 2013

Holiday Bling Blog Hop 3

hbbh3 Button.jpg

Hi Y'all,

It is time to reveal to y'all what my partner Leanne Loftus and I made for each other in the Holiday Bling Blog Hop 3 hosted by Marlene Cupo and Shelley Graham Turner.  
The rules were simple (as well they should be, who wants the rules to be difficult) just sign up for the blog hop and Marlene and Shelley will pick a partner for you.  When you found out who your partner was, email her or him (yes you never know one time you might be partnered with a guy) find out some interesting facts about your partner and pick a holiday the two of you would like to create a piece for.  Well Leanne and I chose to do the Chinese New Year, which was February 10, 2013 the year of the Snake.  Once Leanne and I made our choice I knew just what I was going to make and set out to design it.  I knew it was going to take me a little while to get it done, so I started on it right away.  Of course once I sketched out my design I had to make an order for beads pretty 3mm ABX2 Swaroski bicone crystals in four different colors.  When they arrived I could not wait to get started.
Are there any guesses on what I created?  Ah come on now, if you know me I bet you can guess.  Well first let me show you what my partner Leanne sent to me.


This necklace is beautiful these pictures really do not do the necklace justice.  Leanne did an Asymmetrical design, using bright colored cloth cord with Asian print on one side and wire wrapped pearls and Jade beads on the other.  The awesome Chinese coin pendant is hanging from a green silk ribbon.  Pearls and a crystal are dangling in front of the coin.  I could not believe my eyes when I saw the coin, so I asked Leanne if this was something that she already owned, or if not where did she find it?  She said that she found it on Ebay!
I enjoy wearing this necklace it is just the right weigh and length, it is very comfortable to wear. I love it!

Now for what I sent to Leanne.


 A good and wonderful beady friend of mine Marla Gibson sent me these beautiful Cloisonne` beads.  They have little gold fish on them, so I felt that they had a Chinese feel to them and made a pair of earrings.



This took me almost two weeks to finish.  This was the only project I worked on while on my beading retreat with my Beading Fairies group.  I love how it turned out.  I am sure that someone else could have drawn a better snake, but I think that I did okay.

Thank you Marlene and Shelley for coming up with a great idea for a blog hop.  I very much enjoyed being a part of this one, and meeting and making a new friend in Leanne.

Please go and check out the others that are participating in this Holiday Bling Blog Hop 3.

Alicia Marinache
Catherine King
Chris Schlicht
TBD
Cynthia Machata
Dyanne Cantrell
Gina Hockett
Jennifer Reno
Laura Reed
TBD
Leanne Loftus
Lennis Carrier
Lori Bowring Michaud
Marti Conrad
Mary Govaars
Renetha Stanziano
Rita/ Toltec Jewels
Sandra McGriff
Sarah Goode
Sherri Stokey
Sonya Stille
Tammie Everly
Therese Frank
Tiffany Goff Smith
Marlene Cupo
Shelley Graham Turner







22 comments:

  1. THerese!!! This beaded snake is absolutely spectacular!!! The colors are amazing and I love the design of the snake. BRAVO! And Happy Chinese New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bracelet, Therese! Your bead work is beautiful and I love the colors and the snake design. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the embroidered snake! I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Therese, amazing bracelet and wonderful reflection of your inspiration beads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She made you a really lovely talisman for the year. That snake bracelet is just awesome. You both picked a great holiday for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the necklace that Leanne made you! It's so unique. The bracelet is so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! Your snake bracelet is beautiful, and totally unique...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like that Chinese focal necklace! The beaded piece is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post and such cool pieces. This really was a great hop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leanne didn't post what she made for you, but it was well worth waiting to see. Sure you are enjoying it. Your beaded bracelet is amazing, and the earrings are a perfect compliment. Thanks so much for joining us in this Holiday Celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great and inspirational Holiday to celebrate! The jewelry you both created is exquisite. I love how the bracelet that you created looks, I bet it is just gorgeous on the wrist.

    Gina H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Therese! That is absolutely stunning, and I know how much work was involved! Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The snake looks really cool Therese! I love those cloisonne beads too. Leanne's find it really neat. The unique necklace does look really comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh - The necklace Leanne created for you is so cool!! Love the colors/textures and that coin is awesome. The earrings you made for her are so pretty (love those beads!) and the bracelet you designed is just gorgeous! How you come up w/those designs and then do what you do w/all those seed beads is amazing! I think your snake is very good - just wow Therese, just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Therese! Oh my...oh my! That bracelet is sooo nice. Lovely colors, design with the snake (is it moving?!) , and looks so fluid. I love it! the earrings too?! Wowza Leanne scored!

    ~ Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous work :) That cuff makes my fingers ache just looking at all the work >.<

    ReplyDelete
  17. you did more than ok, my Friend~this is awesome!!! you put a lot into this and it really paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Exquisite!! The Year of the Snake bracelet is amazing, simply amazing! Very beautiful. The bracelet & earrings are a beautiful way to celebrate, and you two did an amazing job!

    Happy Hopping,
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  19. O my, that bracelet is awesome, just breathtaking! It's my favourite piece of yours so far (I think; it's so hard to choose lol!). It would be perfect on some Chinese lady somewhere.. say in.. o, maybe Singapore.. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your bracelet is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Therese ... I saw this bracelet over at your partner's blog - it is stunning! but I always, always just love your cuffs! and her Chinese coin is awesome!

    We took the girls to SF for winter break this year and happened to catch the Chinese new year parade. What fun! they had all the snakes in full force! (the ones where they are underneath and running around to make the snake wiggle and move!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's very straightforward to find out any topic on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this piece of writing at this website.

    Also visit my site single cup coffee makers

    ReplyDelete