Friday, April 26, 2013

Focusing on Life 52 photos week 17 - Color




Hi Y'all,

This is week 17 of Focusing on Life 52 photos, this week's prompt is Color, here is what Sally had to say about color...

Did you ever notice the way color can effect our mood and perception of the environment around us? 

Colors can elevate our mood or change our perception of an object.  Bright vivid colors can make us feel positive where a darker color can evoke a heaviness. Subtle colors create a softness. Florescent color not only can grab attention, florescent literally scream at you to pay attention and that can cause a feeling of anxiety. 

Whether photographing a full shot of amazing colors or small pops of color against a muted background, this week break out your camera and capture some color.   Think about how the colors of the shot effect your mood, feelings, perception of your surroundings!  Focus on how the colors impact your decision to take a particular shot.   




Well I almost did not do this week's prompt, because I was in Tuscaloosa, AL for a week long class to become a national certified Police Communications Officer.  I am happy to announce that I passed and I am now nationally certified. Yay me!  So anyway getting back to the post.  My co-worked Katherine and I went to Hobby Lobby one evening after class to purchase some flex wire and crimp beads to fix her Son's necklace, when I realized I was standing all around color.  I took my camera out of my purse and took a few shots of the colorful glass and glass ware.


I saw this color palette from across the store and was drawn to it's bold color scheme. 


This was the first group of color I saw.  My eye is almost always drawn to pinks and greens.


I really like these colors they are soothing to me.

Thank you for stopping by now please go on over to Sally's blog to see what other colors people are photographing.

Happy beading Y'all,
Therese












25 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    I always find myself in front of the bold colors too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such magnificent color! All the colors of the glass makes a stunning display.
    Congratulations on your certification!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hobby Lobby to the rescue! Love your finds - each group is interesting and beautiful in its own way.
    Congratulations on your certification!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you - Congratulations! I love these colors you captured. Like you, I am attracted to the pink and green glass that reflects so much light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bold and bright great! Congrats on passing and getting certified :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I can't believe how many colours you can find from a last minute trip, pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations, indeed! and such gloriously colourful photos!!
    happy saturday and have a wonderful week :)
    no. 14

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on passing Therese. What fantastic, vibrant colours, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always look at those shelves in stores.. but I rarely buy anything.. too much of a good thing?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! You spotted some great combinations this week. I've gotten into the habit of snapping photos in stores too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This happens to me, I get drawn to those yummy displays, while not really wanting to buy anything I can't resist the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Therese!!!!!! WOOOT!

    And I love your post with all this gorgeous colored glass! I would want to use them for photographing jewelry :O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on passing your course. Great color pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats!!! And Hobby Lobby does a tremendous job with colors. When I go in there I am always drawn to their colorful glass work. Great job at capturing some color even when you didn't even think about it at first.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Therese!! High 5!

    Beautiful photos. I've never been in a Hobby Lobby. I had no idea they had home decor stuff too. I think there's one over the hill that I'll have to ck out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a good I you have to see all this great color in Hobby Lobby.

    Congrats on your certification!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your certification!

    I always love looking at those displays. The color is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful colors! I have to stay away from dished because I have a fettish....

    Congratulations on your certification!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a treat to the eye! And irresistible is right. I love the dishes with the patterns. Great photos, Therese!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats! Nice to celebrate with some colorful shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous color Therese. Congrats on becoming certified.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on your certification! What a great feeling opening up more doors for you professionally! We need a Hobby Lobby in my area. Those goodies are beautiful and so full of color.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Huge Congratulations!! What a joyful place!!! I love all that color.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A super big congratulations to you on your certification - way to go!! And your colors,..these are awesome. Isn't it funny how we are surrounded by things like this every day and then because of a little 'prompt' we start to truly see them?! Fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful pics....I can not imagine going out of the store without some of that glassware...what a great display! Congrats on your certification!!

    ReplyDelete