Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Challenge Of Music Hosted by Erin Prais-Hintz

Hi Y'all,
Today is the day that we celebrate music and jewelry!  Erin Prais-Hintz of Treasures Found - Inspiration Everywhere blog put together this wonderful challenge where you chose a song, any song does not mater, and make a piece of jewelry that you think represents the song.  This was so much fun just listening to music and trying to make up your mind which song to choose.  Then after choosing the song finding just the right materials to go into a piece to represent the song.  So before I move on I would just like to give Erin a big thank you hug for her coming up with this challenge and putting it all together for those of us participating and to make it easier for those that are joining in on the hop, or leap being that it is on Leap Day.

Oh what's that?  You say you are ready for my song choice.  Ok, ok without further ado here is the song I chose.

  
I chose the song "You Don't Know Me" performed by Nora Jones.
This song was first sang by Eddie Arnold back in the 50's, and was made popular in the 60's by Ray Charles when he decided that he wanted to make a country music album.  I listened to both Ray Charles' version and Nora Jones and I decided that I liked Nora Jones's better.  I enjoy listening to Nora's jazzy, bluesy voice.

"You Don't Know Me" is a song about unrequited love.  

Have you ever loved someone so much it hurt?  Have you ever loved someone so much that the sight of them made your heart race and your palms sweat, and you catch your breath if by chance that person touches you?  You day dream for hours on end about the life you would have with this person if he would just realize you are the person for him.  You cry yourself to sleep, cause you sat and listened to him talk about the person you know is all wrong for him, but he can't see it.  So I ask again, have you ever loved someone so much it hurt, but he don't know you?

Here is my piece that I created to represent this song.

I had this heart and the two matching beads made by Juli Cannon of Studiojuls.  The black and tan color of the heart and beads are the perfect colors to represent unrequited love and the swirls represent the up and down emotions that come with that kind of love.  I added the dream and hope charms because face it that is what one does in a unrequited love. One is always dreaming and hoping for the day to come when the other person finely see them as the person for them.  The hand charm is for the line in the song "You give your hand  to me and they you say hello. My heart starts racing so that I can hardly breath." 
I wanted to keep it simple that is why I strung the pendant and the matching beads with some silver tone base metal spacers on a piece of silk.  Jo of Daisy Chain designs did a tutorial on how to make the silk necklace sliders, these are easy to make and really work. I added some more silver tone base metal beads to the ends .  I hope that you like this simple necklace that represents unrequited love.

Here is the list of the other participates in the "Challenge Of Music" please take the time to visit and see what they created and listen to some great music choices.


Happy beading Y'all,
Therese

35 comments:

  1. Therese this is stunning, I love it and would wear it in a heart beat....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Therese!!!! Your song and Juls gorgeous heart are perfect together. You will were this one with so much meaning too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And it absolutely fits the song. Your charms complete this piece perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! The necklace fits the song, and is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love almost any thing Nora sings. Your necklace is just gorgeous with all the beautiful textures, and I love the sweet charms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gathering of beads as charms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Therese~I am so at home here! Norah is a constant in my house, as is Ray :-) Both do this song great justice---her with her dreamy sadness and him with his gravely soulfulness. Your necklace is Gorgeous! I love the textures and colors...a love that is muted to the rest of the world, but swirling and banging around inside your heart. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Therese, Norah's voice is just hauntingly beautiful, isn't it? And her rendition, amazing. Your necklace works perfectly and beautifully with this song. The colors are gorgeous and that heart and matching beads are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I listen to Nora alot love this song & your necklace it perfect! The colors and design really set a mood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning work Therese! I love how you combined the different elements together to create a stunning piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful simple necklace. I recognized Juls' heart right away! Stunning piece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning necklace! It compliments the song perfectly. I loved your use of charms to really drive points home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Norah Jones!! Great piece also, you know I'm a fan of those beautiful brassy browns and Jules heart beads, congrats on such a great peice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous focal! I like that you kept the necklace simple to really showcase that beauty. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it. The silk necklace is perfect with the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Therese! I think you transformed the feeling of the song beautifully into this piece. You know I love me some StudioJuls... so I'm really drooling over this one!
    {Hugs!}

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful song and beautiful necklace! wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this song- and how beautiful is Norah Jones?! I love your necklace, Therese, and all of the meaning that you lovingly created into it. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful song, a beautiful lady, and a beautiful necklace! You did an incredible job, Therese, and shared your beautiful soul ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous necklace! I really like how well the ribbon goes with the textures/patterns in the beads, especially the focal.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Therese this is just so beautiful! Love the ribbon! Your necklace really tells a story. And I love the song that you went with as well. Amazon has 2 of Norah's albums this month for $5.00 as MP3 download and I have already snagged them both.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Miss Therese! First, I have to say that I love Norah Jones, but I have never heard her sing this song before so thank you for sharing that! I do love this song. It brings to mind my parents. That type of music was always playing in my house. Miss Juls makes such pretty beads. There is always a lot of heart and soul in everything she does, so that is a perfect choice! The colors are so soft which goes with the tones of Norah's sultry voice. I am so thrilled that you were able to join me in this fun musical challenge! Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Nora's version of this song ... and I love your necklace. The focal of it has so much meaning ... heart, hand, hope, dream ... that's what love is all about isn't it. Beautifully done as always my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful necklace! I love that heart! But, I especially love the silk! I MUST start using that! Beautiful song, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  25. great piece! the colors are earthy and mellow like her music.....and the symbolism is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful creation to this wonderful song! The hope and dream accents are so perfect. Norah Jones is so amazing. I love listening to her on a rainy sunday while beading.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Therese, I can hardly find the right words to convey how perfectly the necklace you created compliments the song! Beautifully done! From the tattered silk to the extended hand, there is just such a feeling of longing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Therese, that is a gorgeous necklace. I love Norah Jones and I love old "standards," so to speak. The combination of the two is just lovely. I could listen to Norah all day. And your necklace just brings out the warm, soft tones in the music. The heart bead is beautiful and I love the hand charm - it adds just the right touch for your song.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Therese, I've never known unrequited love to result in something so beautiful! The hand charm is a perfect touch -- reaching out, longing, inviting...and Juls' beads are great, too.

    Good going, girl! You did Norah proud!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Every time Norah Jones sings a cover I like her version better. Great song and artist choice - I like how you represented it in your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this song no matter who sings it and I especially love Norah Jones!! Your necklace is so pretty-I love the rich warm tones.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a wonderful version of this song and your piece is perfect complement. Rich and evocative of longing and love.

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Therese -better late than never...
    I did stop by on wednesday but got distracted and then...well you know, life and all that.
    I love your song choice and your necklace - It perfectly sums up the angst we've all been through at some time in our lives and every little detail just reminds you of a different heightened emotion. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is beautiful Therese!!! You hit the nail on the head.

    ReplyDelete