Thursday, February 23, 2012

What I have been up to lately

Hi Y'all,

I have not been posting very often lately.  I have been busy working on my challenges when I get home from my day job.  But you are saying "Hey you have been commenting on a lot of blog post."  Yes I have, it has been very slow at work so I have had time to read a few blogs that I follow and leave post and also I check in and read some more before I go to bed.

Some of you may remember that I posted a picture of my dog Loki one Sunday in January.  Well Loki passed away this past weekend.  He was old and he got sick and it was just to much on him.  I made his last days as comfortable as I could.  He was a great dog and I will miss him very much.


I, like a lot of you have joined many challenges that will be posting in the next few weeks so I put together some teaser pictures of what I will be showing on the reveal days.  First is Andrew Thornton's Reader's Challenge reveal date February 25th.


Andrew sent out a color pallet of different shades of pink that contained a mystery component and an art bead along with some other very pretty beads.

The second challenge is the 7,000 Bracelets for Hope Blog Hop hosted by Erin Fickert-Rowland and Christine Altmiller with the same reveal date of February 25th.  


You were to make a bracelet using a blue that represented denim for the Global Genes Project.  The bracelets are to be mailed to Children's Rare Disease Network, where they will mail them to the Mothers or Care givers of the sick child they are caring for.
I mailed my bracelets off today.  I could not just stop at one.

The third challenge for the month of February is Erin Prais-Hintz's Challenge of Music reveal date February 29th. 


 The challenge is to pick a song and make something that you feel represents the song or how the song makes you feel or you could make a piece of jewelry that you think the person performing the song may wear, the possibilities are numerous.


 Well that is it for February and in March I have the Beading Babes Project 3 reveal on March 2nd 4th and Michelle Mach's Suddenly Spring reveal on March 13th


Gifts and Giveaway winnings
A couple of months ago Debbie with All My Beads Deb's Blog sent me a gift of some of her beautiful lamp worked beads and this is what I made with a few of them.


I won these earrings in a giveaway that Leslie Todd of No Stone Unstrung had on her blog. 

Aren't they pretty!

Pam at Crazy Creative Corner had a personal challenge in January where she asked a question about what kind of jewelry would you wear and if you answered her question in a comment she would do a random drawing and make a piece to your preferences.  Well me and Deb were the only ones to respond so she made us both something and this is what she made for me.

I love gemstones!

Sharyl at Sharyl's Jewelry Gave away the piece she did for the January Art Bead Scene Monthly Challenge.

Beautiful don't you think?

Well it is way past my bed time and I am not going to want to get up at 4:30am which is in 4 hours.  So good night all.

Happy beading Y'all,
Therese








13 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to read of your dog's passing...I have no words for that :(. On the other hand, you have been quite lucky! Those earrings you won are gorgeous! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Therese- I am so sorry to hear about Loki. Losing a beloved pet is so heartbreaking.

    I love the way you did your sneak peeks! I can't wait to see them all for real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, Therese. I know how hard it is to lose a pet.
    Your teases are great! I love the way you did that! And, you have some beautiful jewelry, Lucky Girl :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Therese, sorry to hear about Loki.....
    can't wait to see what you've been working on....
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear about Loki. I cannot even imagine losing our pets. I wish you my sincerest condolences. I cannot wait to see all of your challenge pieces. Your teases have me on the edge of my seat. And congratulations on your wins. I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been a busy, busy girl!! Can't wait to see all of your reveals! I am so sorry, too, about you losing your beautiful Loki. I have lost many pets in my life and it is never easy. We can be comforted, though, with the many good memories we were allowed to share with our 'furry babies'! Hope all the good memories will carry you through your loss. On a brighter note, how about all this wonderful warm weather we're having here in the South? I'm lovin' it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about Loki. But he is happy and no longer sick, running around in that great meadow in the sky (probably playing and chasing my parakeets Snowball and Plucky)! Those pieces are pretty! I love the earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Therese I am so sorry to hear about Loki...our furry friends that greet us at the end of the work day. My beloved Madison has been gone for some time and I still miss her greetings....my little Oreo has taken on Madison's spirit...even though she is feline she pretends to be a dog. You have been a busy gal and I can't wait to see what beautiful pieces you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about Loki! Dogs are such great pals...

    Can't wait to see what you've been working on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry about Loki! You have been busy! I can not wait to see the revel(s)!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet puppy. Sending hugs your way!

    I thought I was involved in a lot of challenges right now. Looks like you've got more on your table than I do AND you make FOUR bracelets for the blog hop tomorrow!? Wow. You are some kind of superwoman!

    Congrats on all the winnings. They are all awesome. I am especially smitten with those earrings! They can go with everything. Ah well. I'll see ya hopping around tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very sorry to hear about Loki, I know how sad and difficult it is to lose such a good friend. Hoping that things get a little better for, and don't stay up too late!
    Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Theresa, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet Loki. He was such a cutie and I know he will be sorely missed. I went through this awful experience as well this passed August...it is really devastating. I'm sending a great big hug your way...

    You sound like a night owl just like me...4 or 5 hours of sleep - very familiar with that one!

    ReplyDelete