Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Little Something!

Well it's Thursday and it's going to be an extremely hot day in Central Alabama.  I'm talking record breaking heat, temperatures in the high 90's and low 100's with heat indexes between 105 and 110.  The worst of it all is that my central air decided that it does not want to work anymore, UGH!!!! Fortunately there is someone coming out this morning to see if they can get it going again.  In the mean time lots of cold iced coffee, water, and freezer pops.

On another note, a coworker of mine just had a baby girl in March and she asked me last week if I could make her baby girl an anklet with her birthstone color and butterflies.  Of course I said yes, then I thought to myself how am I going to make an anklet small enough to fit an infant's ankle?  This is what I came up with:
I asked my coworker why butterflies and her response was that she is passing down a tradition in her family of giving a talisman, so she gave her daughter the butterfly.

Hope everyone finds a way to stay cool on these hot late spring days!

Happy beading Y'all
Therese

1 comment:

  1. That's such a sweet story! It's a beautiful little anklet and the butterfly is a wonderful talisman---it brings happiness wherever it flits. ^__^

    ReplyDelete