Saturday, May 28, 2011

Margie and Me Color Challenge

The reveal day has arrived, the following are my pieces:



This piece I named "Arizona Sun" because it reminds me of Arizona.  The piece is made with a stone (Jasper I think) that I got in a grab bag from a LBS.  The bezel is size 11 Toho orange and rust cylinder beads.  The next ring around the stone is 4mm Czech gold fire polished crystals which if the light is hitting it just right it shows a plum color.  The next ring is size 8 cylinder Lt. orange seed beads.  The last ring and bail are size 11 Toho rust color cylinder beads.  The pendant is strung on a Tan  18" corded necklace.

I did two pieces in this color pallet.
This piece I named "Amanda May" the pendant is based on Laina Goodman's "Compass Rose" design in Beadwork's 2011 Favorite Bead Stitches magazine. The pendant is made with a 12mm very light creamy yellow glass pearl.  The seed beads surrounding the pearl are size 11 orange Toho cylinder and size 8 cylinder Lt. tan beads. The points are 6mm brown glass pearls and the two connecting pearls are 4mm ecru. The drop at the end is a faceted dark gold glass bead and the bezel is size 11 orange Toho beads.  The necklace is made with size 6mm and 8mm brown glass pearls, size 8mm dark gold faceted glass roundels, and size 12 very light creamy yellow glass pearls, the clasp is a silver plated togle.  The necklace measures 18" and the pendant is a 3" drop.

I made a necklace for this color pallet.

This necklace's focal is a Cellini spiral made with size 11 Toho black and brown cylinder beads, size 8 blue silver lined seed beads and tan cylinder seed beads, size 6 light blue seed beads.  Two silver plated bead caps make an illusion of one bead cap on each end of the spiral. I used sizes 12 mm and 8 mm jet faceted glass beads, sizes 4mm and 6mm Czech blue fire polished crystals, and silver plated 5mm daisy spacer beads in the rest of the necklace. The clasp is a silver plated S hook and eye. This necklace measures 20" long.

Thank you Marcie for have this color challenge it was fun.  I can't wait to see what colors you come up with for June's challenge.

Happy beading Y'all
Therese

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm very impressed that you made not one, but THREE pieces! I especially like the cellini spiral. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the big spiral. Those take so much patience. I've only done one and it took me forever! I love what you've done with the colors. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really gorgeous. I like the first necklace, especially! It turned out so beautiful, and anyway that was a lovely painting with a fantastic palette, so much to work with! Love what you did for all of these. :D

    And, eep, I missed the reveal date... XD

    ReplyDelete